Friday, May 29, 2009

Two of my favorite things

In the evenings after work this past week I have trying to design and knit, from my stash btw, a short vest. Progress could be hindered only by my equal desire to be reading. But I've been able to avoid having to make a choice between my two favorite hobbies because, with my Kindle 2 I can read WHILE I knit! When Kelly Petkin of Knit Picks, www.knitpicks.com, used to say she read while she knit, I thought she had to be kidding! But it's truly possible with an e-reader like the Kindle. There are no pages to fumble with or have fall closed; just push the tab to go to the next page.

So the vest is just something I'm playing around with. It will be simply styled. The only features really are the two rows of YO's that mark the side seams. I'm using a small vest that was purchased from JJill to make sure the sizing is right. However, I DID do a guage swatch, sort of. Didn't wash it and all that, but I did count the stitches, which is more than I usually do. Much prefer to measure from a finished piece. So we'll see if it works out. The yarn is Turino silk by Plymouth and is from my stash. I've had it for a long time and didn't know what to make from it. Hoping to make some real progress on "The Vest" this weekend, and I'll post it on Ravelry as soon as I can download my other pictures. This one was posted from my phone. So...
Till next time..
b

No comments: