Saturday, May 30, 2009

Turino Silk Vest

Here is the beginning. I'm the point where I need to start decreasing for the v-neck. I'm thinking that I'll decrease every 6th row. Got to get on the computer and search for the type of decrease I want. Of course there will be K2togs and SSKs. I realized the need for both after knitting a few rows of the body. The first couple of rows with the pattern in the side seam were knit with just K2togs. When I started doing the SSKs one side and the K2togs on the other, the pattern looked so much neater. If you look closely at the picture, you can see where I made the change. Since I don't know if this is going to work out or not anyway, I opted to NOT rip back. These are side seams so most likely the bottom won't show that much anyway.

For the front and the arm holes, I don't want the decreases to be stairstep, but that actually might be more of an issue for the arm holes than the front. SO, I'm off to research.
Until next time...
B

No comments: