Sunday, May 9, 2010

Plied Yarn Gets Smaller

 I started out just wanting to make a small sample to see if what I had spun was getting closer to the size I'm hoping be able to spin. But once I got started I couldn't stop until had I plied the whole bobbin, which is ok because I was going to three ply the last three bobbins of  this fiber together anyway. This exercise in Navajo plying took place yesterday, and I think the plying turned out nice, but, of course, the yardage is low, only approximately 68 yards.  All in all, I'm happy with the progress.  I think that I will 2-ply the next two bobbins of singles from this fiber, which will be the last of the Hollyberry that Mary gave me. Hopefully I get at least a couple of hundred yards from it. It does look thinner than the singles used for this skein.  So we'll see.

Btw, the color in this picture isn't very good. See a couple of posts  back (4/29/10)  for a picture with more accurate color.

Until next time, happy knitting, spinning, or whatever your passion!
b

No comments: