Saturday, May 15, 2010

A Pretty Merino/Bamboo/Silk Blend

I finished all the pink Ashland Bay merino top, finally! I posted a picture on Twitter and FB of the skein hanging to dry. I think I was able to get about 250 yards of 2 ply that can be knit with a size 6 or 7 needles. I'll have to come up with a project.

This is my newest spinning project.  It is a merino/bamboo/Tussah silk top in the colorway Roan Mtn Morning from Miss Babs Hand-dyed Yarns & Fibers, and I purchased it at Stitches South.  Her website can be found at www.missbabs.com.  I'm a little nervous to spin this because this is the first merino/bamboo/silk blend that I've tried to spin. It has large repeats of color which I would love to keep in the final yarn. May have to Navajo ply it.  I would like to get a nice 2 ply I can knit into a shawl.  I'll keep you posted!

Until later, keep knitting, spinning, or whatever your passion,
b

No comments: