Tuesday, May 4, 2010

First Navajo Plied Skein

This yarn was spun from 2 colors of merino so that I could learn to Navajo ply.  All the training I've had has been a Interweave video by Sarah Anderson, which is available on Youtube.  Just do a search for Navajo Plying, and it is among the ones that come up.  Ok, so it turned out bumpy and uneven, and sometimes (ok A LOT of the time!!) got away from me with the twist, but I think I am beginning to get a feel for it.  Definitely need more practice,practice, practice!!  Can tell it is over plied, but for a first it is not so bad. (I'm a little partial and a little proud!) It was fun to try, and I did get to a point of just relaxing with in  rhythm with my wheel and the twisting of the yarn.  I like the result (or at least what I can tell the result is supposed to be!), which is a nice round 3 ply yarn as opposed to a flat yarn which results from a 2 ply.  Again, I feel like I have learned something and have enjoyed the process.

Until next time, happy knitting or spinning or whatever your passion!!
b

No comments: