Sunday, June 8, 2008

Trying to Stay Cool!


Summer has settled in here in North Mississippi. The temps are already in the mid to upper 90's, and the humidity is high. As I thought about what I wanted to portray in the opening of this post, all I could think about was that it has to say "cool". So I went back to old pictures that we took several years ago when we went to San Francisco to visit our daughter. This picture was taken on a very chilly day as we drove along the 17 mile drive near Monterey. Makes me want to put on my sweater and continue knitting.

I finished my second Baby Surprise Jacket this week, minus the buttons. It was much easier to knit than the first because I had a spread sheet, which was made by Civilgrrl on Ravelry, to follow. Didn't look at the pattern at all; however, I did refer to the DVD several times, just for peace of mind. I'll look for buttons later. Don't know yet who will get this one. I need to do two more before December. Hopefully at least one of these three babies will be a girl. If not, I guess I'll be saving this one for a while.
I worked on my toe-up socks again last night. Can't seem to get the short-row heel right. I still had that nasty hole on one side when I complete the heel, so today I'll be frogging back a few rows to see if I can figure out how to fix it. Then I hope to start another pair of socks this week. My friend, Mary, and I are going to work together on a lace sock pattern from the new Piecework Magazine. http://www.pieceworkmagazine.com/ Most of my socks have been simple stockinette, so I'm excited about working a lace pattern. It will be a bit of a new challenge.
Speaking of lace, I am looking for another lace shawl pattern to knit. Bought Classic Elite's Silky Alpaca at one of the LYS a couple of weeks ago, and haven't been able to decide what it is to become. Maybe the Shining Bird's Eye Shawl by Shui Kuen Kozinski, found at http://www.elann.com/ShowFreePattern.asp?Id=267024. Any suggestions?
Well, time to go knit.
till next time...
b

1 comment:

Stefanie said...

The baby jacket is just the cutest thing! It's beautiful.

No suggestions for shawls... (I've been working up the courage to attempt one myself.) but I do think the shawl on elann.com that you mentioned would do the trick. It's very pretty.