Saturday, June 6, 2009

Butterfly Socks & KnitMinder App

I think I enjoy knitting socks probably more than anything else. This pattern, Butterfly Socks by Knit 1 Crochet Too, goes really fast. Just started it Thursday night on the way to dinner. I'm now on the gusset decreases. Love the softness of the cashmere yarn by Meilenweit Lana Grossa, too.

I also wanted to spread the word about a new iPhone/iPod app called KnitMinder. I first heard about it while listening to Kelley Petkum on Knit Picks podcast (http://www.knitpicks.com/). With KnitMinder, which was designed by Quilt2Go, http://www.quilt2go.com/ , you can enter all the details of your projects, including yarn, needles, pattern name, journal entries, and much more so you can have your projects' details with you all the time. One of the best features of this app are the counters. Yes, row counters! And you can use as many as you need, simultaneously! This app is available as a free Lite version or the complete version for $5.00. The difference between the two is the number of projects that can be loaded into the program. If you have either the iPhone or iPod, check it out.

On another note, I need to get back to my vest. Haven't made any more progress since my last blog post. Maybe tomorrow.
Until next time...
b

No comments: