Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Butterfly Socks - Now There Are Two!


I'm finished with my latest socks. Ready to cast on another pair, but here's the skinny on the Butterflies. These socks were really a joy to knit. The pattern by Knit One, Crochet Too, was an easy lace pattern with a repeat of 8 rows, every other row being a knit row. The lace rows were similar enough to remember the stitches after the first set; there were 4 repeats around the sock on the leg. This was the first time I knit with a cashmere blend yarn, too, and I'm definitely going to get some more! This was the softest sock yarn I've knit with yet. I'm hoping it will hold up well when worn and washed. Since it is a blend with wool and nylon, I'm confident it will be fine.
Not sure yet if this pair will be a gift or if I will keep them. They are definitely a yummy pair of socks!
Now, I need to get on to my vest. I've neglected it for the last two weeks because I've hit a spot where I need to frog back on the shoulders. Since I'm off work today, I think I will work on the design and see if I can't get the front sides finished up. I'll keep you posted.
Till then...
b

1 comment:

Stefanie said...

Gorgeous!! And a cashmere blend? I bet they feel like a dream...