Saturday, March 27, 2010

To Pre-Draft or Not

This is my first attempt to spin without mega pre-drafting the roving. I must say it is not as difficult as I thought it would be, at least with this fiber. The roving is a 30% kidmohair, 70% merino, and I think that a 100% merino might be a little more difficult, as it seems to be much tougher, or stickier, I guess would be more the term.  I purchased this roving from my LYS and although she told me, I don't remember the vendor she bought it, as there is not a tag anywhere in my package. I already have one bobbin full.  After this second bobbin is filled, I'll be plying it and will post the resulting yarn.  Until then..
Happy knitting or spinning or whatever your passion!
b

1 comment:

Stefanie said...

What a beautiful color! Blue is my favorite. :)

It looks like you're having a lot of fun with spinning!