Sunday, July 26, 2009

My First Original Design!


Finally the Turino Silk Vest is Finished!
While it is not a very complicated design, it is the first project that I have completely made up myself. The pattern idea originated from looking at a vest that I purchased from the J. Jill clothing line.
I started this vest on May 26, using Turino silk, which I had in my stash. Details can be found on my Ravelry page. After finishing the main knitting, I decided to use knit-on icord for the edging on the front and around the neck. I used 5 stitch icord on the lower edges and from the place where the button closure and the button are and around the neck, I used 3 stitch icord. This was a first for me as well, but I like the effect.
I know that improvements can be made, like where the decreases start on each side to go up around the neck. I think I must have taken a break between the two sides because I didn't have the rows counted exactly right. The result, of course, is that one side is higher than the other. (So I'll just pull it down while I'm wearing it!). I meant to take good notes while making this, but, again, I just didn't. Too much time lapsed between when I would put it down and when I picked it back up. My notes didn't make sense.
Anyway, for my first original design, I think it turned out pretty good. I'm thinking I will actually wear it!
Until next time..
b

3 comments:

Stefanie said...

It looks great! Congrats on your first design :D I love the detailing on the back.

MSbeckey said...

Thanks, Stefanie. I learned a lot. Several things I would do different next time. It was fun to work on.

Kris[10] said...

It looks awesome, Aunt Beck! =]